- Chiropractic manipulation
- Dry needling
- Running and cycling biomechanics
- Medical bike fitting
- Endurance training and nutritional advice
Types of conditions I specialize in:
- Paediatrics (birth to 18) colic/reflux/wind
- Pregnant women (sciatica/ lower back and hip pain)
- Sports injuries- specifically Triathletes/ Cyclists/ Runners/ Canoeists/ Sprinters
- Disc Injuries
- Upper/middle/lower back pain
- Foot and lower limb injuries
Dr. Kirsten Evans qualified as a Chiropractor in 2013 from the Durban University of Technology. Kirsten completed her Masters’ degree by researching the Chiropractic care of paediatrics.
She has also completed her training in Medical Bike Fitting using the ErgoFiT system and has a keen interest in cycling and running biomechanics.
Kirsten has been previously running her own practice out of a multidisciplinary medical centre in Durban, South Africa-Kingspark Sports Medicine Centre and has recently relocated to Dubai to join DISC.
Kirsten has a passion for endurance sports-cycling, triathlon and trail running. She represented Triathlon South Africa at the World Games in London in 2013 and has also completed 5 half distance Ironman’s, ultra marathons as well as a canoe marathon.
Her philosophy is “Movement is Medicine”.
Kirsten has an extensive knowledge in injuries involving cyclists, swimmers and runners as well as endurance and speed training. She has worked with athletes who have participated in the Olympic Games(swimmers and track athletes), Ironman, Comrades, Cape Epic, Canoeing and Surf Ski World Champs.