- Assessment and management of sports and musculoskeletal injuries
- Postural evaluation and reeducation (Methode Busquet)
- Sports injuries prevention
- Corrective exercise
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization
Types of conditions I specialize in:
- Sports and traumatic injuries rehabilitation
- Pre/Post-operative treatment and management
- Chronic and over-use musculoskeletal disorders
- Global postural reeducation
Joao graduated from the Escola Superior de Saúde Egas Moniz (ESSEM) in Portugal where he completed his education in Physiotherapy. He’s been working in private clinic where he’s reaching all sort of musculoskeletal disorders. For the last six season he’s been also having a major role in the Portuguese major rugby team, CDUL.
His background gives him a wide experience dealing with sports related injuries and also developing injury prevention programs based on each athlete needs.
Joao approaches his patients with a whole body evaluation and postural reeducation combining manual and exercise therapy. After post-graduation he focused his education in manual therapy degrees such as Methode Busquet, Mulligan, kinesio and dynamic taping, joint and soft tissue mobilization and exercise therapies.
He encourages an active and effective therapy for long lasting results regarding each individual needs and aiming for an improvement in health and performance.